|Message sent by|
|(3155) Julia Williams (Police, Neighbourhood Policing Admin, South Oxon and Vale)|
We have received increased reports of bike thefts in the Abingdon area. Please consider the following crime prevention advice that may help keep your bike safe and secure:
1. Always lock your bike even if you are leaving it just for a couple of minutes!
2. Chain your bike to a non-moveable item like a bike rack
3. Use a good quality chain or D-Lock
4. Lock your bike in a well-lit area
5. Lock any quick release wheels
6. Remove any lights from your bike and take them with you
7. Have your bike postcode marked so that if it is stolen it can be identified and returned to you
8. Even lock your bike at home when it is in a shed or garage
If you would like any further advice on bike marking and security please contact you neighbourhood policing team by emailing or calling 101.
If you have seen any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area or have any information relating bike thefts please call the Police via the 24 hour non-emergency telephone number 101.
Alternatively if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.