Bagley Close

Bagley Close street sign

Takes its name from its proximity to the ancient woodland known as Bagley Wood, first mentioned in an Abbey Charter of 955 by which ‘King Eadred granted lands including Bagley Wood to the Abbot of Abingdon Abbey’.
The road was first given the title of Bagley Wood Close on its development in 1955.

Permanent link to this article: