Cranbrook Drive

Cranbrook Drive street sign

This development received its title in 1963, from the name given to the Golf Club House in 1921 by its new owner, coachbuilder Charles Rayworth, following the closure of the course. This was Cranbrook House after a Canadian town where Mr Rayworth’s brothers, Arnold and Archibald, had set up a jewellery business after emigrating.

Permanent link to this article: http://kennington-pc.gov.uk/home/mini052/