Simpson’s Way

Simpson's Way street sign

This road was named in the early Sixties after George Simpson who, with Samuel Grundy, was also closely involved in the campaign for parish status; he became a founder member of the first Kennington Parish Council on the 16th March 1936. George acted as Honorary Clerk until 1946 and Chairman from 1947 until his retirement in 1959. Mr Simpson was awarded the MBE for his exceptional service to the local community.

Permanent link to this article: http://kennington-pc.gov.uk/home/mini056/