There are currently no vacancies on Kennington Parish Council
Notice of uncontested Election
The election of Parish Councillors was held on 7 May 2015. The attached Notice of Uncontested Election 7 May 2015 shows the result of the election.
Election Year for Parish Council: Have you thought of becoming a Parish Councillor?
If you are
- aged 18 or over;
- on the electoral role;
- a citizen of the UK, Commonwealth, EU or Ireland; and
- resident in or within 3 miles of the parish, or own land or work in the parish,
you are eligible to be nominated.
If you are
- able to attend regular evening meetings;
- interested in local issues, preferably not just a single issue;
- an understanding and willingness to represent the views of the whole community;
- an interest in being an effective councillor;
you could be just what the Parish Council is looking for. Click here for a job description that may help you understand more of what is expected from a Parish Councillor.
The post of Parish Councillor is voluntary, with only expenses paid when necessary.