There have been several incidents recently in the South Oxfordshire and Vale area, of work tools being stolen from vehicles overnight.
Most thefts from vehicles are committed by opportunist. The following advice is offered to help prevent your vehicle from being targeted:
- Where possible, secure your vehicle overnight in a garage.
- If you don’t have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- When leaving your vehicle, close all windows and ensure you lock it.
- Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat-nav holders and visible sat-nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there’s nothing inside.
For more information, visit http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/theft-from-vehicle
Please be extra vigilant. Report any suspicious activity to the police via the 24-hour non-emergency telephone number 101 or call 999 for crime in progress.
If you don’t want to speak directly to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.