WE NEED YOUR HELP
Did you know that Kennington has an Emergency Plan Team? We all know that we have Emergency Services who deal with most types of emergency, BUT a major incident could occur in our village when they could not reach us quickly (such as deep snow, extensive flooding or a major incident elsewhere). This obviously means that we need a Plan to help ourselves if the Emergency Services cannot reach us.
Please help us to improve this Plan! We need to know certain things FROM YOU:
- Could you provide sleeping accommodation, either in your business premises or your own home? If so, how many (and can you take their pets)?
- Are you a First-aider or ex health professional?
- Do you have a Tractor/trailer or 4×4 vehicles?
- Are you an electrician/plumber/builder?
- Are you a caterer?
- Do you have any other skills that would be valuable in an emergency?
If you can answer YES to any of the above, please make this known to our Parish Clerk, Anne Feather either by emailing or 01865 421126
Please also remember your vulnerable neighbours. A lot of them are very independent and don’t like to ask for help.
Did you know that our village has FOUR defibrillator units? Maybe you did, but do you know how to use one when you need to? Take a moment to familiarise yourself with how to use one. It could save a live – even your own.
- 12-Sept-2016: The Parish Council has arranged a further defibrillator awareness course for Saturday 22 October in the Village Centre from 10:00am to 12:00pm. If anyone would like to attend could they please either email the clerk on or telephone her on 01865 421126.