This Close. in what was referred to as Kennington Park Estate. was named in the Sixties after The Revd. Thomas Hearne Liddiard who was Vicar of Kennington from 1937 to 1946. The Rev Liddiard was also the first President of Kennington’s Social and Sports Club and his wife laid the Foundation Stone of the old Village Hall in November 1939 (in Village Centre).
Permanent link to this article: https://kennington-pc.gov.uk/home/mini010/