Kenville Road

Kenville Road street sign

This it would seem is a made up name joining together Kennington with Village, with the road being known as Pillar Box Road until Mrs Edith Burton, a Member of Kennington’s very first Parish Council, proposed the change at a meeting in late 1936. For interest, Mrs Burton, with 64 votes, finished top of the poll in the first ever Parish Council Election.

Permanent link to this article: https://kennington-pc.gov.uk/home/mini053/