Edith Court

Edith Court street sign

This Sheltered Housing Scheme is named after Edith Gandy, a staunch Methodist, who gifted the land to the local church which sold it on to Anchor Housing in 1977 some 10 years after they built their new Church, that adjoins the development. Miss Gandy also started the first Brownie and Girl Guide Pack in the Village in 1927, building a guide hut next to her home in Upper Road.

Permanent link to this article: https://kennington-pc.gov.uk/home/mini005/