|Message sent by|
|(3155) Julia Williams (Police, Neighbourhood Policing Admin, South Oxon and Vale)|
Last week there were three burglaries/attempted burglaries in Kennington.
- Between 11.30pm on Sunday (16/4) and 5am on Monday (17/4) a house was broken into on Woodcroft by unknown offender(s) who entered through the patio doors at the rear of the building. Money, jewellery and a tablet PC were stolen, amongst other items.
- Between 11pm on Sunday (16/4) and 8am on Monday (17/4) a garage and shed were broken into on Woodcroft and an air rifle was stolen.
- Between 2am and 4.30am on Monday (17/4) there was an attempted burglary on a property on Bagley Wood Road, however no entry was gained.
If you have seen any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area or have any information relating to this message please call the Police via the 24 hour non-emergency telephone number 101.
Alternatively, if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
Home security advice
Look at your home through the eyes of a burglar. If you think your home security look spoor, chances are so will a burglar…are there any places they could break in without being seen? If you have forgotten your keys but can still get in so can a burglar!
- Get an alarm – most burglars will avoid properties with alarms.
- Doors – keep them locked even when you are home. Make sure your doors and frames are strong and have five lever mortise deadlocks to all external doors including patio doors
- Windows – Fit window locks with keys to all easy to reach windows. Keep windows locked and remove the keys putting them in a safe place out of sight.
For further crime prevention tips please visit www.thamesvalley.police.uk or contact your local neighbourhood policing team by emailing or calling 101.