The September edition of Vale News includes the following items. Follow the link to the Vale of White Horse website for further details.
- Air your concerns over recycling centre proposals
- Have your say on Sunday trading laws
- Guidance on affordable home contributions
Good news – some Government guidance that made it more difficult for us to meet our affordable housing targets has been overturned by the High Court.The guidance said we could only ask developers to provide affordable housing in developments over ten homes, whereas under our policies we could.
Unfortunately while this guidance was in place we missed out on a small number of affordable homes on planning decisions we made, but we’re now returning to using our own policies.
- Have your say on subsidised bus services
- Calling all community groups
- A new home for South and Vale carers
South and Vale Carers recently moved to:
Harwell Innovation Centre
They also have a new phone number – 01235 838554, so please update any records you may have for them.
- Putting a CAP on underage drinking
- Now you can recycle even more from the kerbside
- Extra garden waste collections coming up
If you’re one of Vale of White Horse District Council’s garden waste customers then you can leave double the amount out for collection on the week beginning 19 October. Just one bin’s worth of extra garden waste in an open box or bag next to your brown bin on your normal collection day.
- Compost giveaway
If you want to get your garden in tip-top shape before the winter really hits, then make the most of compost giveaway days being provided by South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils.
Bring your box, wheelbarrow or bags to the following locations to pick up some top quality compost – for free!
• Saturday 3 October, 9am – 11am – Rye Farm car park, Culham Road, Abingdon OX14 3NN
• Sunday 4 October, 9am – 11am – old South Oxfordshire District Council car park, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, OX10 8ED